Academic and Postgraduate Programmes of the Institute Of Education
The Institute of Education through the International Centre for Educational Evaluation (ICEE), offers both full-time and part time postgraduate programmes. Summary of available programmes:
- Full-Time Postgraduate Programmes
The ICEE, Institute of Education, has since the 1977/78 session, offered the following full-time postgraduate degree programmes:
- M.Ed. (18 months)
- M.Phil. (2 years)
- Ph.D. (3 years).
- In-Service Part Time Postgraduate Programmes (M.Ed.)
The In-service M.Ed. has two programmes, namely
- M.Ed in Educational Evaluation, and
- M.Ed in Curriculum Development
M.Ed in Curriculum Development has six (6) areas of specializations namely:
- Curriculum Development in Science.
- Curriculum Development in Mathematics.
- Curriculum Development in Primary Education.
- Curriculum Development in Information Technology.
- Curriculum Development in the Social Sciences.
- Curriculum Development in Arts and Languages.
- Part-Time Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
This is a two year part-time programme run jointly with the Department of Teacher Education, University of Ibadan. The students attend an intensive course for 6 weeks in the long vacation and, thereafter attend classes for 6 hours every weekend. Teaching practice supervision is continued for about a year.