Winner of the 2014 Educational Research in Africa Awards (ERAA) isa joint project of ADEA (The Association for Educational Development in Africa), the African Development Bank (ADB) and The Korean Foundation. The Award is Best Enabling Institutional Environment for Educational Research
SIGNIFICANT HIGHLIGHTS OF AWARDS BY INSTITUTE ACADEMIC STAFF
EMERITUS PROF PAI OBANYA
1. Principal Author of UBE ROADMAP 2016-2020 (published by UBEC-Universal Basic Education Commission in November 2015
2. Visiting Scholar to ABM University College, Gaborone-Botswana (November 2015) resulting in the development of a five-year strategic plan :2016-2020 AND an Operational Plan: 2016 intended to guide the process of transforming the institution into a full-fledged university
3. Delivered public lectures in two African Universities
–University of Cape Coast, Ghana (28 April 2015) Topic: EXPLORING THE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE TRIPOD
–ABM University, Gaborone-Botswana (25 November 2015): Topic: THE AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF THE 21st CENTURY
PROF. E. ADENIKE EMEKE
- One of the 8 Global Winners of the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Travel Grant and gave a 90 minute full session presentation at the 2015 AEA Conference in Chicago; the 8 were recognized at the Award Luncheon and were admitted into the Association
PROF. FOLAJOGUN V. FALAYE
- Won the 2014/2015 Fulbright African Research Scholar Program Award. The grant, utilized in the United States of America, strengthened her capacity in Programs Evaluation and improvement of evaluation practice and methods.
PROF. A. O. U. ONUKA
- In the Accomplished Educational Researcher Category for 2014, of the prestigious AfDB sponsored Educational Research in Africa Award (ERAA), Prof Onuka emerged winner with a certificate and $5,000.
- A fellow of Association of Educational Researchers and Evaluators of Nigeria (2015).
- Keynote Speaker at an International Conference at Witwatersrand University Johannesburg, SA
PROF. MONICA N. ODINKO
- Winner of Commonwealth of Universities Scholarship tenable in the United Kingdom (Edinburg Scotland) for a Ph.D. Programme from 2003 to 2007
PROF. J. G. ADEWALE
- AAU–Invited by the Association of African Universities as paper presenter at the Conference of Vice Chancellors, Rectors & President of African Universities in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Invited as a paper presenter at the University of Bindura, Zimbabwe.
- The Nigerian Rep of Educational Assessment & Research Network in Africa (EARNiA) with HQ in Cameroon.